Several months ago I started work on an experiment, a reduction linocut of a local pond. It has turned out to have six colours (including the white of the paper), gradually whittling away the lino for each layer, and I have now got to the last one. Here you can see the proof for the previous colour in the top right, while I use it as a guide for revealing the trunks and branches of the trees. It may be a small image, but it is surprisingly complicated, and all good for getting my printing mojo back, as long as it works!
Tuesday, 24 December 2013
Saturday, 15 June 2013
A spontaneous 3" square pelargonium (geranium) linocut, drawn from life, carved and printed in a couple of hours this afternoon. Nice to just get on & not wrangle thoughts. Refreshing :)
Friday, 14 June 2013
This is one of an edition of 10 numbered and signed linocut prints of a leaf skeleton. They are now for sale in my Etsy and Folksy shops:
Sunday, 19 May 2013
This is the beginning of what I hope will be a competition / print exchange entry, and the first time that I've attempted a multiple-piece lino reduction print. So far so good, I actually really like this as it is already and there's lots more to do!
Wednesday, 13 March 2013
First proof of a tiny lino carving of tree reflections, I'm trying out graduated colour this time, the intention is to pick out the trees in black when I've exhausted the possibilities of the first state of the lino block.
Saturday, 9 February 2013
Monday, 4 February 2013
My first attempt at a Valentine's card is now available on my Etsy and Folksy shops. Hand-carved, hand-printed, and made in the UK!